Avocados are one of my favourite foods. They’re an amazingly blank canvas to add some flavour to and can be used in so many dishes. From salads to breakfast, this creamy fruit adds a level of sophistication to any meal.
It’s often referred to as a superfood due to its high nutritional value. It’s loaded with Vitamin K, B6 and potassium.
But how do we turn this mild-mannered fruit into something punchy and flavourful? With a handful of the right ingredients, you’ll have a mouth-watering dish…
The Ultimate Guacamole Recipe
- 2 whole Avocado ripened
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 1 Lime juice squeezed
- 1/2 Lemon juice squeezed
- Coriander a handful, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Red chilli deseeded, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the onion, chilli, coriander, and place to one side
- Peel the avocados and mash in a bowl. We recommend a metal bowl or pan – something sturdy. (I used a plastic one and it went everywhere)
- Squeeze in the lemon and lime juice. It’s important to do this quickly to avoid browning
- Add in the spices, vegetables, and herbs. Mix thoroughly and enjoy!
- Top wholemeal toast with guacamole and poached egg for the ultimate breakfast.
- Have it with a bowl of tortilla chips for a moreish snack.
- Add to a burrito for a burst of zest and creaminess.