The Ultimate Guacamole Recipe
From salads to breakfast, this creamy fruit adds a level of sophistication to any meal.
- 2 whole Avocado ripened
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 1 Lime juice squeezed
- 1/2 Lemon juice squeezed
- Coriander a handful, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Red chilli deseeded, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Chop the onion, chilli, coriander, and place to one side
Peel the avocados and mash in a bowl. We recommend a metal bowl or pan – something sturdy. (I used a plastic one and it went everywhere)
Squeeze in the lemon and lime juice. It’s important to do this quickly to avoid browning
Add in the spices, vegetables, and herbs. Mix thoroughly and enjoy!
Boom baby. That’s some tasty guacamole.
You can use ordinary table salt but trust me: Himalayan pink salt is game-changing. It’s a worthwhile investment and you can find it at a decent price quite easily.
I used a lot of citrus flavours in this recipe, but you can adjust according to your preference. I find the lemon-lime combo really takes the flavour up a notch. The great part about this recipe is how versatile it is, too!
- Top wholemeal toast with guacamole and poached egg for the ultimate breakfast.
- Have it with a bowl of tortilla chips for a moreish snack.
- Add to a burrito for a burst of zest and creaminess.