Spicy Tuna Melts
The classic tuna-mayo mix with a Japanese twist. If you’ve ever wanted to add a fiery kick to a British staple, here’s your chance.
- 2 whole Part-baked baguettes
- 1 tin Tuna
- 2 whole Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 handful Fresh coriander finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- Grated mozzarella add to your heart's desire
- 3 or 4 Jalapenos adjust according to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic puree
- 1/4 tsp Onion salt
- 1/2 tsp Hot sauce adjust according to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit)
Finely chop the spring onion and coriander. Throw these into a bowl with the tuna, separating the tuna flakes with a fork. Mix thoroughly.
Add your sauces and spices. No specific order, just whack ‘em all in. Mix until it becomes a paste of deliciousness.
Slice your baguettes in half and layer with tuna paste on one side.
Slice baguettes in half and layer with tuna paste on one side. Top the baguettes with jalapenos, grated cheese, and sesame seeds.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until you reach optimal meltiness.